Wednesday 29 January 2014

Fake Freestyle Friday #22?

I have been lucky enough to recieve two invitations for tea; one to go out tomrrow night, and another round the house of some friends on Friday. Hence why I am doing my Freestyle Friday today!

It is a little bit fake for another reason as well. Let me explain. I have many jars of nut butters in my cupboard, including pumpkin seed butter. When I was putting it away the other day, I noticed some serving suggestions on the side, including the suggestion to stir it into pasta or rice. So that is where I got the idea from. The rest of the ideas are entirely my own. When I saw this, I immediately thought of stirring it into some brown rice. I thought it would look quite nice (pumpkin seed butter is a lovely green colour), as well as hopefully tasting nice as well! Sticking with my colour theme, I decided to add some goldenberries, which are a deep reddish-brown colour. I got a little bag of goldenberries for Christmas, and I have to say, I am quite a fan! They are dried physallis, and are slightly sweet but also sour and tangy. If you like sour sweets, I'm fairly certain you would like goldenberries. And then, as you can never have enough dried fruit in anything (well, I can't anyway!) I added some sultanas as well.


 
 
The light in our dining area isn't the best, as you can probably tell, but I think it still looks pretty good. I realy liked this, all the flavours, in my opinion, complimented each other very well. Sweet sultanas, slightly sweet but tangy goldenberries, nutty brown rice... and pumpkin seedy pumpkin seed butter! I really don't have any other way of describing it. The only ingredient is roasted pumpkin seeds, so the taste really comes through, as it does with most nuts when you toast/roast them. I'm glad I took the time to read the side of the jar, because if I hadn't, I would have missed out on a very good tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!