Sunday 26 January 2014

Freestyle Friday #21

If you take a trawl back through my posts, you'll see that there is a lot of curries dotted about. Which is no great surprise seeing how much I like Indian food! And this post will add to the curry pile.

I had a surprise ingredient added to my pile on Thursday. I had bought a pack of two fish fillets when I went shopping and frozen them, with the intention of having one on Thursday and keeping the other for another time. But. When I got the fish out to defrost, the two fillets were stuck together! I have seen people try to prize apart frozen meat pieces with a knife, but I quite like having all ten fingers really... so I decided to cook both and somehow use one Friday.

I steamed both of them together. I wasn't sure how much time I would have Friday, so I thought that if the fish was already cooked then it would cut time by about 15 minutes, which may not seem like a lot but to me, a very impatient person, it is!

I can't really explain my thought process behind how I came up with this, I rarely can with my Freestyle dishes... but what I ended up with was mixed vegetables and the fish fillet (which I first flaked) quickly sauteéd in curry powder with some brown rice (I also added curry powder to the cooking water) I was a little concerned that the delicate river cobbler would be overpowered by the spice, but the sweetness of it actually went very well. If I made this again, I would probably try to make the spice of the rice different to that of the fish and veg, purely for variety, but in actual fact there was nothing wrong with this as it was. And of course, the fact that it filled me up was a bonus.

I just couldn't get rid of the steam! And I obviously didn't want to let it go cold... but here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!