Monday 14 October 2013

Cool Cookies

The cookies I mentioned in my post yesterday, are quite literally cool. I made Fridge Cookies! It is quite a strange method for making cookies, as it starts off rather like making pastry; by rubbing butter into flour. I must admit, this is one of my favourite kitchen jobs, and has been my 'thing' for as long as I can remember!


















My 'breadcrumbs'!


After the butter is rubbed in, you add the rest of the ingredients, which are sugar, an egg, vanilla extract and finely chopped walnuts. Although I did just crumble my walnuts...



Then you shape the dough into a log and chill it for eight hours. I just put mine in the fridge overnight, and it was absolutely fine. It was a big log, it barely fitted in the fridge! It had the whole bottom shelf to itself and it had to go diagonally/ The recipe does make 50, so I'm sure you can imagine. My log made 52 and a bit. Am I the only one who finds it satisfying to get more out of dough/mixture than the recipe states?!

The giant cookie snake!

After the dough has chilled, you just slice it thinly and bake for 10-12 minutes. They do spread a little, but not a lot. I got 20 on a baking sheet and they were okay.

I think they look like pieces of nougat, and they look like it even more when they are unbaked. They are now all ready and waiting to go into work on Tuesday and be demolished in a few hours. If they are enjoyed though, I can't complain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!