Sunday 30 March 2014

Late Lemons

Another week of placement, another batch cooked meal! This week is Moroccan Lemon Chicken with Olives. I was looking at the recipe last night, and saw that the chicken needed marinating overnight! Quick trip downstairs to do that then. The marinade was cinnamon, honey, ginger, lemon, garlic and oil.

Today I just baked it in the oven, and while that was happening I made some cous cous and mixed it with feta cheese. The recipe didn't say to have it with this, I just thought cous cous would go well, and I had some feta cheese leftover from a salad I made last week. I'm glad I thought of it, it went really nicely.


Not pretty... pretty yum though ;-)


Next time, I think I would cut up the olives, as they weren't very evenly distributed, and I had to kind of count them out into each tub to make sure I got a fairly even amount every day. I also have to confess, I forgot to put the lemons in when I put the chicken in the oven! Hence the title of the post. So the lemon taste perhaps wasn't as strong as it could have been, but that is my fault entirely, not the recipe's!

I have to apologise for the short post but I have quite a lot of work to do- the life of a student! I will be with you again next week, with another batch of meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!