Friday 12 July 2013

Freestyle Friday #13 and Saturday's Salad

Sooo, it's here again, Freestyle Friday number 13! Friday the 13th, unlucky for some... but not for me because I had a rather nice salad for tea. I had originally thought of an idea a few days ago, but then I realised I would have beansprouts that needed using so I changed my plan. And anyway, it's not really freestyle if you plan, is it?! I will keep my first idea under wraps, I may yet use it another day...

As is the case on most weeks, my idea stemmed from one ingredient that needed using, in this case the beansprouts. I would usually do some sort of a stir fry, but I have had one for the past two days for tea. And although I really love stir fry, I thought I'd have something different today! And so came the salad. I named it Rollercoaster Salad, because it is so random you don't know where it will take you next, just like a rollercoaster. With the beansprouts, I put (takes huge breath)... white cheese- both grated and cubed-, avocado, bacon, a hard boiled egg, a few black olives and some toast croutons. I also mixed a little dressing of equal parts of English mustard and honey, plus a splash of water to loosen it up a little. I don't really know what to say about it to be honest! Some of the egg yolk sort of mushed into the dressing a little bit at the end, which was nice. It tasted good... so, yeah. Here's some pictures!

Imperfectly shaped (the shell cracked!), but perfectly boiled.

Nearly burnt to a crisp, just the way I like it!

The rollercoaster of randomness itself.

 

 
This is part of tomorrow's lunch. I was going to say it is a similar salad, but it's not really... Well, it has cubed cheese and avocado in, and a hard boiled egg, but that's all really! The other components are bulgur wheat, cucumber, grated carrot and raisins... I think that's it! No dressing. I had originally planned to use cous cous, but didn't think I had any. I then found it in the cupboard whilst looking for something else. Oh well. That's the way it goes sometimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!