Thursday 11 July 2013

Lovely Lasagne and Sweet and Sour Stir Fry

A couple of nights ago, I made lasagne for tea. Not just any lasagne though. It is from a vegetarian cookbook, so I used Quorn! I have never cooked with it before, and I was quite curious so I thought I'd give it a go. You can't really taste the difference when it has been simmering in the sauce for half an hour or so, but the texture is quite soft and not as chewy as actual meat would be. This may have been because it was simmering for so long though. I have some left over so I will definitely try cooking it different ways. I liked it though, it made a nice change and I would have it again. There aren't any pictures though... I ate it too quickly...

For tea last night (and tonight!) I had a sweet and sour stir fry, again from the vegetarian book. The recipe called for a red or green pepper, but I bought an orange one to be different! In hindsight, I wish I had got red, as the stir fry had orange carrot and green cucumber. So it wasn't as colourful as it might have been but it was still tasty. The other main ingredients were beansprouts and pineapple. I always love stir frys, and this was no exception. Healthy, filling, sweet, sour, crunchy, soft.... Something for everyone, how could you not love it.


The sauce ingredients bubbling fiercely away!


A small point. After stir frying, the cucumber skin looked like gherkin skin... insignificant, but thought you might like to know :-P



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!