Sunday 14 July 2013

Tantalising Textures

I haven't had a baked potato in a while so I was quite looking forward to tonight's evening meal. It is perhaps a slightly unusual combination of ingredients, but, being the adventurous cook I am, I had to try it/ It is, quite simply, a baking potato baked (obviously!) in the oven, topped with avocado and crumbled bacon. The sweet, fluffy baked potato, the salty, crunchy and chewy bacon and the creamy coolness of the avocado made for an interesting and extremely satisfying meal. My avocado is in weird sort of slices, as I thought I was going to be mashing it, but on reading the recipe again I realised it said cubed! I would definitely cube it next time, as some of the smaller slivers got a little lost in the fray.

So next time you pick up that can of beans or spaghetti hoops, that block of cheese or tub of butter to go with your baked potato, consider this recipe. I'm sure you won't regret it.


By the way, this recipe, along with the other jacket potato recipes, was listed under the snack section. It is perfectly substantial as a meal on it's own, with no accompaniment! Saying that, some days I do get really hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!