Sunday 8 September 2013

A Nod to Nigella

When I was doing my menu for the week, I was really, really fancying some avocado. So I flicked through one of my recipe books and saw a recipe for guacamole. Problem solved. Now, guacamole isn't a meal in itself (although I could quite happily eat a whole bowl by itself with nothing else!), so I had to then decide what to have with it. One of Nigella Lawson's favourite breakfasts is guacamole on toast with a poached egg smooshed on top, so I decided that this was the way to go.

The guacamole ingredients; tomato, avocado, lemon juice and a sprinkle of chilli powder.

Look how perfect that poached egg is!
 
You can see that my tomato has ended up in two clumps... In hindsight, I should have chopped it smaller. It didn't detract from the deliciousness though! The guacamole would also be good used as a normal dip, but if you fancy trying something different, why not try this?
 
 
I also have some avocado left over. And I have some blue cheese in the fridge. I sense another nod to Nigella coming along with her Rockamole... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!