Monday 2 September 2013

Peanut Butter Porridge

I wanted a snack this morning, so I decided on peanut butter porridge. But this isn't porridge as you know it. It is BAKED porridge. There are any number of recipes out there on the internet, with all manner of toppings and add ins, but I went for 'peanut butter cookie' flavour. Now, I generally don't like using internet recipes, but I thought I'd make an exception. I made a single serve recipe as I only wanted a snack, but again, there are many multiple serving recipes out there as well.

I took a chance that the recipe would turn out ok, and made anothe one for tomorrow. This one I flavoured with ground cinnamon and almond extract. It has just occured to me that it is almost snickerdoodle flavoured... I may have to stop myself running downstairs to the fridge and devouring it right now.

This is how I made it:
Peanut butter and oats...

....plus salt, bicarb, and baking powder....

...makes this wet and gloopy mixture...

...which makes this little ramekin of deliciousness.

The one on the left is the cinnamon almond one, and the one on the right is the peanut butter one.

Snack time!
 
You may notice I didn't add any sweetener. Maybe I wanted it like this. Maybe I forgot... Anyway, I actually quite liked the taste without the sweetener (the recipe had honey in it). And I have quite a sweet tooth. I could taste the bicarb ever so slightly, but not enough for it to bother me, and I think that if you added the sweetener the taste would disappear. I ate mine warm out of the ramekin, and I'll eat the one I have tomorrow cold. I turned it out of the ramekin and wrapped it in clingfilm to take with me tomorrow. I'll let you know how it compares!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!