Sunday 22 September 2013

Sumptuos Sesame and Perfect Peanut Noodles

Last week, I had a pretty firm idea of what I was going to cook as my meal for the week. I was going to do a beef stew, for no other reason than that I really wanted one! But then I got to thinking. I am going to be transporting this to work in a plastic tub four days out of the seven. As the tubs I'm using aren't 'click-lock' ones, there is slight potential for sauce leakage. Which would mean a smelly, wet bag, and wasted sauce. Neither of which are good. So I decied to wait until after work finishes, in four weeks time. The way the meals I want to make are stacking up, I'll have planned them until Christmas soon!

I am a little disappointed about the beef stew, but I did make something equally delicious. It is a recipe from the Kindle app I have on my ipad. I made a point of looking through them the other day because I always forget about them when I do my menus! I bookmarked all the larger serving recipes that would be good for my week-long meal plans as well. One that I came across was Sesame Peanut Noodles. It was a Nigella Lawson recipe. But you probably could have guessed that...


Theses are the salad ingredients; beansprouts, mangetout, red pepper, spring onion, coriander and sesame seeds...

...and noodles! I think I need to get bigger saucepans and bowls if the ratatouille and these noodles are anything to go by.

Even though the dressing has quite a few ingredients, quite a few of them you'll probabaly have in the cupboard already. Well, I do anyway! I have had very similar dressings before, and it is one that I really like- it has the whole sweet and salty thing going on. In this case, there was also a really great kick from some chilli paste. Plus, it had peanut butter in. And anything with peanut butter in can only be a good thing, right?
 
Even though it wasn't in the recipe, I added some tinned tuna. I knew I wanted to add something to it, and toyed with several ideas (sausages and chicken amongst others!) and in the supermarket I went for tuna. To be honest, you don't need to add anything, the noodles were yummy on their own, but the tuna did go very well. I have to say, I am really looking forward to this for the next week.
 
 
You may have read about the calzone I had for Freestyle Friday #15. Well, I did indeed have it for tea on Friday. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it was quite handy to eat at the train station as I didn't need any cutlery and I could hold it in one hand while I got on the train! So if you find you have to eat on the go and still want to enjoy homemade food, calzone or a pasty could be the way to go. 


3 comments:

  1. I wish you could cook my dinners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love cooking for other people so you're welcome to come to my house ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!