Wednesday 12 December 2012

A Cracking Christmas Dinner

On Monday night, one of my flatmates and I cooked Christmas dinner for the whole flat (seven of us). It went extremely well, and even though some of the food isn't what I would usually have at Christmas, it was still very good. I even made a microwave Christmas pudding! I made a microwave one for several reasons. One was because I hadn't done a traditional one and left it to mature. Partly because I couldn't find a pudding basin, partly because I've obviously been busy with university things. Also, on our tiny student oven, there would have been a lack of hob space to steam it. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was good! It was more 'battery' than 'spongey', but it was a bit different, it tasted nice, and everyone liked it. I even 'flamed' it with some brandy!





 Getting there...
 
Nearly ready...

Yum. That is all I can say.
The pudding! Sadly, I don't have the flaming photo as my flatmate took it.

 The remains! Not one leftover. Not one.
The mug with the blue spoon in was gravy. We only had two jugs, and had used them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!