Sunday 2 December 2012

A Fabulous Festive Cake

So... I finished it! My first ever totally solo Christmas cake! I'm very pleased with it looks. I haven't tasted it yet, but I promise I'll let you know when I do- and if it tastes as good as the mixture did... I finished it yesterday morning; all I had to do was ice and decorate it. I only actually decided how to decorate it the night before, despite having made the cake about a month ago! I went for a design that would be cheap, as student budgets don't usually stretch to cake decorating, but I still think it looks very effective, which shows you don't have to spend much to create something special!

Look how smooth I got it!

Tada! Sorry it's the wrong way :(

My ingenious cutting tools
 

As the snowmen were completely white, all I had to buy as extra were the silver balls. And I didn't have any smooth cutters, so I had to improvise a bit! But I am very pleased with how it turned out, and I can't wait to taste it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!