Thursday 20 December 2012

Crazy Christmas Cooking!

Yes, I've been a busy bee in the kitchen. I have meals that I haven't blogged about since before I came home, but I thought I;d stick with the Christmas cooking for now. So far I've made a Yule Log, cranberry and white chocolate cookies and decorated another Christmas cake... and I've only been home for just over 24 hours! Believe me, there's more to come. But here's the first batch anyway!

Chocolate for the icing melting...

No I didn't roll up the paper by accident! It helps you get a really tight roll, which has always bothered me (I make this every year!)

Dark chocolate, icing sugar, vanilla paste. Perfection.

Look at that roll!

Unfortunately I don't have a photo of the finished product... which has now been eaten! But this is the little bird we used to decorate it, from the Cologne Christmas market.



It's the cherry wreath on top of the cake!

The sparkly snowflake ribbon round the side.
I can't take credit for the actual making or marzipanning of the cake, that was my mum. We haven't tried it yet, but check back at the weekend and I'm sure that will have changed...


Chopped white chocolate for the cookies...

All the dry ingredients, minus chopped pecans.

Slightly crisp around the edges, chewy and soft in the middle. Everything a cookie should be!

Yum... just.... yum.
I had a cookie warm as soon as they were out of the oven and the chocolate was still soft- just to taste test you understand...

Up tomorrow is Mincemeat Cheesecake, a recipe that came highly recommended from a friend. I love mincemeat. I love cheescake. This recipe can only go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!