The recipe didn't specify a cake tin size, just 'two shallow' or 'one deep'. I used one 20cm tin, as that is the only one I have available. And the cake turned out very flat! I had to make another one, as there was no way I could have sliced that one in half to fill it. And also, the recipe said to merely add more cocoa powder for a chocolate version, instead of replacing some flour. I thought that was VERY strange but went with it as it was a new recipe, even though it went against every single one of my baking instincts! I should have listened to them. A very very stiff mixture. But, despite all that it tasted good and was very well received! I just decorated it with a chocolate heart, and a smashed crunchie. Simple, but it looked rather effective.
So far so good...
Before the flour was added. This is how I imagine the consistency should have been like!
No it's not. I was worried when I put it in, and I was right to be!
The chocolate buttercream, again very stiff, but tasty!
Ta-da! Apologies for the background but I nearly forgot to take a photo so it was a bit of a rush!
The Galaxy heart and smashed Crunchie.