Sunday 24 February 2013

Sunny Soup

When I went home for a few days, I plugged my ipad into the computer to get my music onto it, and subsequently ended up with all my iPod apps and all my mum's iPad apps as well! This included her Kindle app, which had several recipe books on it, one of which was Nigella Lawson's 'Kitchen'. I was keen to use one of the recipe books from the app, and I chose to cook Sunshine Soup from Kitchen.

I have had it several times at home, but have never cooked it myself. All that is required is to roast some peppers, simmer some sweetcorn and stock, and then blend. The peppers need to be roasted at gas mark nine, which my oven doesn't go up to, so I put it on the highest it would go (230 C , equivalent to gas mark 7) and put the tray right at the top. But then they ended up a little burnt! Which meant the soup didn't end up as 'sunshiney' a colour as it should have been. It still tasted pretty good though, so I can't complain too much!

3-leaf pepper hehe!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!