Sunday 11 May 2014

Bunches of Batches

Soooo, it's that time of the week again. Batch cooking for placement! Approximately two hours, 5 lunches and 5 teas. I haven't got a photo of my lunch as it got all mushed together when I had to fit it in my tupperwares! If I manage to open one and it looks decent, I'll try and snap a pic for you all!

I did get one of my tea however. On my last placement, I made a green lentil salad with a roast gammon joint. This is quite similar really. It's a bulgur wheat salad with sliced ham in. The ingredients I mixed with the lentils and bulgur wheat are pretty similar; think tabbouleh type things. Cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, that sort of thing. I also bought a new clic loc tub today, which happens to be the perfect size to fit this in.

I think that pleases me more than it should.




In a bit of a backwards order, I now want to tell you about my breakfast this morning. I always always have some form of oats. To cut a looooooong, long, long story short, it took a lot for me to have such a different breakfast. It's still oats, but in a different form.

I really, really didn't know what I wanted so I just kinda chucked everything in. Nothing that I didn't want or felt I should have, just because I'd planned it.

And it was good.



Ok. The base. Half one was half of my portion of oats mixed into fromage frais which was first mixed with maca powder, cinnamon and vanilla. The other half was the other half of oats with just some milk to moisten it. On top was half a banana, some mixed nuts, sultanas, chia seeds and cacao nibs.

And now forward again! Lunch. I almost forgot. You know how mad I am on Quest bars. I saw on Instagram that somebody made Quest bar cereal by making them into balls, baking them and using a protein shake as milk. I won't bore you with my process (because believe me, that would be waaaay too long a post!) but I used a Vanilla Almond Crunch Quest bar with a vanilla protein shake as milk. It. Was. Wonderful. It reminded me of a cereal I had a couple times as a child, I can't remember what it was called but it started with 'Golden' and the logo was a cowboy and a donkey! I love eating healthily, but it was really nice to have a trip down memory lane. I would definitely have that combination again, I love eating healthily and finding healthy alternatives to things. If anyone knows the name of the cereal, please let me know!

And I have just realised, it looks like Cookie Crisp! So much yummier though, I promise. I was hesitant about trying it because I didn't want to 'waste' a Quest bar, but I'm so glad I did. And I will definitely be having again in other combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!