Wednesday 23 January 2013

A Perfect pot, Lovely Lunches, and a Magic Mixer

Yesterday was quite exciting, because I got to use my mini Le Crueset pot for the first time! I made a simple lunch in it, baked eggs on spinach, with some toast fingers to dip. It might not seem like a lot, but along with an apple and yoghurt, it was very filling.

Look how cute!




Today was also exciting, because I got to use my new kitchen machinery... I'm never quite sure what to call it as it does so many things! It's official name is the 'multipro compact', so I think I'll just call it the multipro. It was actually very very excting because I got to use it two different ways, three times! I used the grater to grate the ingredients for the soup I'm having for tea tomorrow, and then the blender to blend the soup and make a smoothie for lunch!

The soup I'm having is Carrot and Orange, and the spoonful I tried to test the seasoning was good, so I'm pretty sure I'll like it. Sweet carrots with tangy orange and fresh coriander, it just tastes good for you!

Look, all clean and shiny and new!

And now it's not- but I prefer it this way ;-)

The soup just before it was blended
 
My smoothie was pretty simple, just a banana, some natural yoghurt I had left over, milk, and a teaspoon of honey. I was going to add peanut butter, as peanut butter banana smoothies are absolutely delicious, but it didn't need it. The tanginess of the yoghurt complemented the sweetness of the banana and honey, and this was also a very filling lunch!
 
Once again, nice and shiny...

And now it's not!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!