Tuesday 8 January 2013

Freestyle Food

Regular readers will know that I have a Freestyle Friday every week whereI don't use a recipe book and just make my tea using whatever ingredients I have left over from the week and whatever I have in my cupboard. Well, I actually have 4 freestyle days this week. I came back to university on Monday, and decided to go for it, because it was convenient and I just felt like it.

Today's tea was a grilled salmon fillet, mashed swede and new potatoes with pesto. I treated myself to some salmon fillets because it was my birthday, and It was a pack of 2 so I have another one to look forward to. I cooked it on my flatmate's new George Foreman grill, and it took less than 10 minutes on the highest heat. I will definitely be using that again! I'd been craving swede ever since I had it at Christmas dinner number 2 at my friend's flat last year. I think it was just because I hadn't had it for such a long time. I also have some of that leftover, which is exciting- well it is to me! I was going to have plain new potatoes, but I saw the pesto when I got the veg out of the fridge and thought, why not?! So here it is. Freestyle Food #1!




Also, I can't wait for my parents to bring my new food processor down on Sunday... More about that when it gets here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!