Sunday 13 January 2013

Superb Stuffed Aubergines

The stuffed aubergines I had last night were good for two reasons. One, they were nice to cook. The whole process from ingredients to meal took an hour. I had things to do for pretty much all of that time, but I wasn't rushed, just a nice and steady pace. And two, they just tasted good! They were stuffed with the chopped aubergine flesh, lemon zest, pine nuts, paprika, onion, garlic, parsley, mushrooms and a few breadcrumbs. The recipe asked for white breadcrumbs, but I usually get brown bread, and I wasn't going to get a whole other loaf just for 2 tsps of breadcrumbs! I honestly don't think it made a difference at all.

There was a variation on the recipe, to add raisins and cinnamon... I have a thing for raisins, as yo may well know, so expect to see some more superb stuffed aubergines quite soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!