Wednesday 9 January 2013

Wacky Wednesday

So, as I said yesterday, Tuesday to Friday this week is totally freestyle. Today, I was going to have a chicken thigh and cous cous, but I decided that I wanted to use the chicken thighs for a chicken and lentil curry recipe next week. Instead, I cut the half a swede leftover from yesterday into slices, and grilled them- again, on the George Foreman grill (I think I'm a little bit obsessed...). I've never had swede like that before, but it was really very nice. Sweet and soft, but still firm. It even had thoses lovely griddle lines you get, I don't think they impacted the taste much but they looked good!

To cook the cous cous, I just added a stock cube to the water I used to cover it. I was going to leave it at that, but on the spur of the moment I added a few sultanas, ground almonds, and pine nuts. I couldn't taste the ground almonds, as I don't really think I added enough, but it was still yummy. I love any sort of cous cous really.

See those griddle lines appearing?
 
I love the way the swede changes colour when it's cooked!





See my other freestyle meals this week here: Freestyle Food

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!