Tuesday 16 April 2013

Delightful Dhal

Let's get one thing straight. I love Indian food. Homemade, restaurants, the lot. When I go home, it has become a kind of unofficial tradition that we go to one of our local Indian restaurants for a meal. I do not object to this in the slightest. I made a dhal for tea tonight, which is a lightly spiced Indian lentil dish. It is often served on the side of larger dishes, but I made it the star of the show tonight and had it as a main meal! It is a one pot meal as well, so for those of you that don't like washing up, I highly recommend this... All the ingredients (well, all four of them if you include the water!) go into a saucepan, bring it to the boil and simmer for half an hour. I slightly underestimated the heat it would need (oh, to be cooking on my oven at home!), so mine was more of a lentil soup, but it was still a good meal! It was even a nice bright orange colour to go with the sun we've been having today.

Just after it had come to the boil... even the bubbles are pretty!

Simmer time now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!