Friday 19 April 2013

Freestyle Friday #11

I am always happy with the meals I do on Freestyle Friday, but I have to say, I really really liked this one! At the start, I had a stuffed pepper in my head... With cous cous and raisins... But much as I LOVE raisins and cous cous, I just wasn't really feeling it. So I decided to make a stir fry, because I have some dried noodles that have been in the cupboard for a while. And I have been wanting a stir fry for a while, but for some reason it hasn't made it on to my menu! Well it did this week, but anyway. For this reason, it turned from a Chinese stir fry to a Thai stir fry! Along with the noodles, I had some chilli infused olive oil, chilli paste, a yellow pepper, some cherry tomatoes, some iceberg lettuce, Thai-7 spice, lime juice and dessicated coconut. The iceberg lettuce may seem odd, but it was there, and this is Freestyle Friday! It was only the last few leaves in the middle, and I sliced them as they were (in a kind of ball) so they were in strips. It kind of took the place of a green leaf you might put in like pak choi, or bok choi, something like that. Again, tomatoes aren't exactly traditional, but again, they were there! I kept a segment of lime back and squeezed over the top after I dished up. I was also going to leave the noodles crunchy, but I thought it would be more 'stir fry like' if I cooked them first before adding to the vegetables... And I am glad I did. A tasty, spicy, filling meal. And all off the cuff. Can't be bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!