Wednesday 24 April 2013

Super Speedy Stir-Fry

Yes, I know stir frys are pretty quick anyway, but this one was even quicker. I prepared my vegetables in the morning as I had a pretty busy afternoon and evening planned, and wasn't sure how much time I'd have to eat. So I sliced the onion and mushrooms, grated the ginger and weighed out the beansprouts and pineapple... I had Pineapple and Beansprout Stir-Fry in case you hadn't guesses from those ingredients! Then when I got back later it was simply a case of cooking, which was literally a matter of minutes. The only other ingredients were five-spice powder, soy sauce and vinegar, which combined with the juice from the tinned pineapple to make a sauce. You wouldn't think you could get such a 'Chinese-y' tasting sauce from pineapple juice, soy sauce and vinegar, but you really can!

I had half a tine of pineapple and some beansprouts left So for lunch today, I basically made the same stir fry (also with the soy sauce, spice powder and vinegar again), but added some shredded spinach. It was like having tea for lunch, but it was very filling and kept me going all afternoon!
 Wrapped and ready to go

All ingredients out and in order... you have to be organised when doing a stir fry!

 


Just had time to get a quick snap... just...
 
I'm glad I didn't do rice like I was thinking of, look how much there is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!