Friday 19 October 2012

Pancakes, Soup and Noodles

Not together. That would just be weird...

So for lunch yesterday I made pancakes, as I haven't used my special pancake pan in a while. I tried a new recipe, and they tasted good! However, the batter was very 'thin', so I ended up making little scotch type pancakes with the last bit of batter. The shop near me didn't have any berries, so I had a combination of golden syrup, fudge dessert sauce, Nutella and mango chutney. Again, not together. That would also be weird...



Not so appetising at the moment...





Tea yesterdat was Sam Stern's Minestrone Soup. It barely fitted in my saucepan, and I had to use a saucepan to eat out of because my bowls were too small. I felt like a true student at that point! It was unusual to use spaghetti and macaroni, as the recipes I've tried usually use a 'soup pasta', like conchigliette, but the recipe was delicious all the same!



And finally, tea tonight was Japanese Shiitake Noodles; a Good Food recipe. My mum sent me it, as I wanted a recipe to use my Soba noodles. The recipe we usually do is a Nigella Lawson one, with soy sauce and sesame seeds. I still have some noodles left, so you might be seeing that very soon. The only bad thing was that the supermarket didn't have any pak choi, but it was still good. Very healthy as well, so that was a bonus.

All ready to go!

Bubbling away, nearly done...

Fill me!


                                                                             Ta da!



































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!