Tuesday 12 March 2013

Banana for Butter!

I have read in quite a few places about substituting banana for butter in recipes. I had bananas. I had ingredients for fairy cakes. I was curious... So I gave it a go! I decided to go for the plain fairy cakes as I have never done this before and thought it would be a good starting point. And... It worked really well! You could only taste a hint of banana so would be good for recipes where you don't want to taste it. The consistency was fine as well, the icing also worked well with banana instead of butter.

Good luck little cakes...










There are a few things I would mention. The cakes didn't rise as much as usual so I would maybe add extra baking powder or bicarbonate of soda... I will have to have a fiddle with quantities! Also, I would reduce the cooking time a little as they were quite well done- but still tasty (as my six flatmate taste testers will verify!). I am looking forward to experimenting more with other recipes with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!