Thursday 28 March 2013

Easter Excitement

Sorry I have been absent for a while, but I have been so busy! Good busy though, as I am home for Easter and we have been doing lots of nice things... Including going to Carluccio's for lunch. I will say nothing more except look at the menu. It will speak for itself.

First... Easter cross stitches. On one of our many excursions, we went to Hobbycraft, and they had several mini Easter cross stitches. My mum chose three, and I have done them to use as Easter decorations. We only got them Saturday, and I finished them today- but honestly, they are little!

Second, and perhaps the most surprisingly... I have made a trailer! Yes, a proper trailer to go behind a car. Well, I helped my dad make it. I cut some pieces out with a jigsaw, painted, and screwed in some nuts and bolts. I was so strong, I even managed to snap a bolt in two! It is very cold outside today so my outfit might look rather odd, but it kept me warm so I don't care.

Next, a lovely lasagne. I made Nigella Lawson's Calabrian Lasagne for tea, which is traditional in the sense that it has tomato sauce and beef. However, it also has mozarella, ham and boiled eggs within the layers! My family really like it, and even if you're not sure, I strongly urge you to try it! You might be surprised.

Last, but by no means least, a birthday card. This card was for a 40th birthday, so I made it lovely and sparkly and bright so it was a little bit more special. I have to say, I am very pleased with it, Nd I think it is the best card I have made in a while.

I hope this selection has made up for my absence... Look out for Easter baking in the next few days!

I left my camera at university, and as my phone seemed to be uploading photos I didn't use my parent's camera... But they didn't! I swear I will do a massive post with ALL the missing photos as soon as I figure out what is wrong with it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!