Friday 15 March 2013

Freestyle Friday #9

I had sort of planned in my head to do a hotdog, as I had sausages and a bit of baguette in the freezer, but I had specifically been wanting one with onions... which I didn't have! I didn't want to buy one as that would defeat the object of Freestyle Friday, so the hotdog will have to wait.

I had quite a lot of carbs today, which isn't a bad thing, but it meant I really wanted something spicy and fresh. In the end I just cooked some frozen sweetcorn in a pan with a garlic clove and spices. Extremely random, but it was just what I wanted! So, here's what happened...

 First I fried the garlic in a smidge of oil...


Then added these...
 

Then I let it cook over a low heat...
 

Then I ate this!
 
 
Just before I left it to cook, I had a little taste, and added some ground allspice, just because I thought it needed something extra and ground allspice would go well. It did, I was much happier with the dish after I'd added it. I topped it with some more chilli powder and some pickled jalapenos... I seem to be adding them to everything lately. Like this pizza I had for tea last night...
 

Tomato pureƩ, jalapenos and cheese. Simple, but OH SO GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!