Wednesday 20 March 2013

Filling Fiery Beans

Even though I obviously chose it, I was a bit (just a teeny bit!) concerned that what I had chosen for tea tonight wouldn't be filling... I needn't have worried! After just under half I was getting full- but I finished it of course, it was too good not too. And happily, I even have it again tomorrow!

The recipe in question is Curried Beans. I have had ones out of a tin before, so I wanted to see how my culinary skills would match up! I rather liked mine acctually... When I was looking at the recipe, I saw the words curry and raisins, and thought, yep, gotta have it. And I'm glad I did. The beans I used were cannellini, althoug the recipe also suggested haricot. As well as the raisins, it also had apple in it, so it was nice and sweet, but the hot curry paste stopped it being TOO sweet. When the whole mmixture was simmering, the raisins plumped up beautifully, and I do like a plump raisin. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this, and I can't wait to have it again tomorrow. This one got a big tick next to it!

See, here the raisins are just starting to plump up...

...Now they are really chubby!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!