Saturday 10 November 2012

Another Souper Soup and a Crazy Christmas Cake!

Today was a great moment. I made my Christmas cake. A bit late, I know, but I've been rather busy lately adjusting to university etc. I had several recipes, and decided to choose out of the ones that would go in the tin I bought last week, to save getting another. I'm quite indecisive, so it took a while to choose, but in the end I went for Good Housekeeping's Rich Christmas Cake. Lots and lots of dried fruit and nuts, yummy! The smell when it was cooking was amazing, I kept making excuses to go back in the kitchen! Now I just need to decide how to decorate it- good job I have a month to decide...

Just the butter, but it was so soft and a lovely colour, I just had to take a photo!

Butter, sugar, eggs and black treacle, smelling good already.

Glace cherries and dried fruits soaked in brandy for 4 hours!

In go the nuts!

Good luck in the oven!
 

Aahhh, smells like Christmas.
 
 
 
And as a side, I had vegetable soup for tea. The recipe was called Basic Veg Soup, and basic it was, but still very nice! Literally just veg and stock. Next time I'll hit it with some variations!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!