Saturday 3 November 2012

Simply Sumptuous Soba Noodles

I haven't had this dish for a long time. I'm not sure why- although I think it's perhaps just because soba noodles are a slightly unusual ingredient and not a lot of supermarkets have them. Tonight, I relieved some childhood memories, and ate Nigella Lawson's Soba Noodles with Sesame Seeds. I say I relieved memories, because I remember eating them for lunch when I was younger. The most vivid memory I have is watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer with my mum while eating them. Well, you know what they say, vampires and noodles are such a great combination...

Everything about this dish is wonderful. The look of the sesame seeds after they've been toasted. The smell of the sauce mixed together. The pop of green from the spring onions against brown of the noodles. And of course, the most important thing- the taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!