Thursday 1 November 2012

Pancakes and Parsnips

Pancakes were on the menu for lunch today, as I had some milk that needed using. Long story short, I dressed as a cat for Halloween, and had a 'hip-flask' that was a pint bottle of milk. The milk was only poured into a glass, so needed using fairly sharpish. I had half savoury- grilled tomato, pesto and ricotta, and half sweet- honey and ricotta, and a teeny drizzle of golden syrup... I also had ricotta that needed using!


Very messy I know, but I hadn't planned to photograph it!


 
For tea, Chicken and Parsnip Stew. Two hours in the oven and the chicken literally fell apart, and the parsnips, apples and mushrooms were so soft!

Before...

...after!

                                          In-situ on my plate... it wasn't there for very long...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!