Thursday 15 November 2012

Carrots and Crunchy Things- Part 2

Now for the carrots! As I had planned a filling breakfast (pancakes!) and lunch, I made tea quite light yesterday- although it was still very filling! I made Carrot, Beetroot and Chickpea Salad with Hummus. The carrots were dry fried in some cumin, and while they were cooking it was just a case of making the hummus and slicing the beetroot. By the time these things were done the carrots were ready, so it only took about 15 minutes from start to finish. My hummus was rather chunky as I don't have a food processor, so I had to mash the chickpeas with a fork! I quite liked it chunky though, and think I'll be having it like that more often. The only bad thing was that my pitta bread had gone mouldy so I had to have it with normal toast.

 I used the rest of the chickpeas to make more hummus, and had it with beetroot on toast for lunch today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!