Sunday 25 November 2012

Tantalising Thai Chicken

There's a dish I used to make a fair bit at home, called Lime Sherbert Chicken. As with quite a few recipes, there are some variations, and when flicking thorough the book to choose this week's menu, I found it hard to believe I hadn't tried any. As I had most of the ingredients, I went with the Thai Chicken fingers- the chicken is marinated in lemon juice, fresh ginger, fresh mint and chili. I used chili paste because it retains it's spiciness after cooking much better than an actual chili.

To accompany it, I had an 'adapted' rice recipe. You might remember the Indian-Style rice salad I had last week? (If not, you can read about it here.) Well I replaced the curry powder with Thai-7 Spice, and omitted all the other ingredients apart from the dessiccated coconut... And it was very good! Some of the best things are things you just happen accross, so don't be afraid to try something you think of off the cuff in the kitchen!


 
You might also remember I went to the Winchester Cathedral Christmas market yesterday... and it was fabulous! Lots of food (I ate SO much) craft and gift stalls. I can't post a photo of one thing I bought as it was a present for someone who might read this (hi mum!), but this is what I got...
 
Krakauer (smoked bratwurst) with sauerkraut and curry ketchup
(I've had this in Germany, I love it!)

Chocolate fruit pot- strawberries and marshmallows

Roasted chestnuts

Black Forest Slice

A felted fox bag- see, I didn't just buy food!

I got the hazelnuts- original caramel with sesame seeds, orange peel and cinnamon sticks

The cathedral itself!

My feet at the end of the day... my boots leaked as well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!