Sunday 11 November 2012

Perfect Pasta

A big statement, I know! But it was. The sauce was a Sam Stern recipe, the same one I used to make the Bubbling Baked Eggplant. Just canned tomatoes, tomato puree, a pinch of sugar, fresh basil, lemon juice, seasoning an a little dollop of pesto. Done in the time it takes the pasta to cook- in fact, it's usually done before the pasta is cooked! Not that it matters, because it's quite happy to simmer on a very low heat while the pasta finishes cooking. The recipe also said any pasta- I used fusili because it was the first one I came across in my cupboard!

Steamy stuff!

The dish itself...
 
Another combination was tried in the kitchen today... tuna and raspberry jam! It wasn't my sandwich, but I did try it... and it wasn't as bad as you'd think. Actually quite pleasant. The strange things students eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!