Monday 26 November 2012

Not Quite a Curry

Tonight for tea, I had a curry- kind of. It was a normal vegetable curry, but I didn't have the turmeric. Or the ground coriander. So all the 'sauce' was was water with chili powder, lemon juice and cumin in! Even though the recipe didn't call for cumin, I put some in anyway, just because I thought it might need something extra because of the missing ingredients... The recipe just said 'mixed chopped vegetables', and I used carrot, celery, onion and peas. That was partly why I picked this recipe- I'd already bought those things for other recipes, but they wouldn't get used up. Anyway, despite the missing ingredients and the rather strange sauce, it was very tasty. I even left the celery leaves in, which turned surprisingly sweet!
Lovely bright colours to chase away the gloomy weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!